Tag: Clay Walker
We gaan 2014 beginnen met een mooie boodschap van Clay Walker. The Chain Of Love eindigde in 2000 op #3 in de Billboard. Clay Walker verklaarde gisteren overigens dat de traditionale country afgedaan heeft. We geven hier zijn interessante visie :
- Traditional country music is a thing of the past — at least according to Clay Walker. The singer says a chapter of the genre has closed, but that’s not necessarily bad news.
- “Traditional country music died,” he tells. “I think that George Strait winning Entertainer of the Year at the CMAs was, to me, a symbolic and a real closing of the door. It was, to me, as if the industry was saying, ‘Thank you George for everything that you’ve meant to traditional country music.’”
- The latest crop of artists boasts a newer, edgier sound than what has been on radio in the past, and Walker says he thinks that’s a trend that is here to stay, at least for a while.
- “I think people are fooling themselves if they think for a second that the recording industry is going to accept any more traditional country music on the radio,” he adds. “I think that is the end of a world, the end of an era.”
- The married father of five says he isn’t upset by the shift in music. On the contrary, he sees it as a sign of a healthy, growing genre.
- “I think it’s the perfect evolution and it’s the way it should be,” Walker says. “It’s time. It’s time for that change. And, albeit rough at the moment, it’s a beautiful rough. I don’t think that we’ll be heavy metal, as some of the bands are doing and calling it country. I don’t think that we’ll be rap. I just think that we’re trying to find where the absolute limitations are and then work within those limitations. I believe that right now we’re stretching the limitations out as far as they’ll go and the fans will bring them back in.”
First Steps – Clay Walker scoorde 20 jaar geleden met zijn allereerste single What’s It To You meteen een #1-hit. Van zijn debuutalbum Clay Walker kwamen vier singles waarvan er drie op #1 terecht kwamen. Van een sterk debuut gesproken. Daarna zouden nog eens drie #1-hits volgen. Maar dankzij die eerste hit mocht hij in 1993 wel de shows van George Strait en Alan Jackson openen.